I noticed the track number and names of the songs on the CD go as the book describes…but the songs actually played are different!
For example, the second song according to the book AND the CD track name is “L’amour Est Un Oiseau Rebelle“…but in reality the song played is “Una Voce Poco Fa“!
All songs except the first are wrong.
Is it only my copy that has that problem? I got it from Amazon.
Anyway I made the list of the actual songs played in case anyone has the same issue
1. Gluck – J’ai Perdu Mon Eurydice (Orphee Et Eurydice)
2. Rossini – Una Voce Poco Fa (Il Barbiere Di Siviglia)
3. Meyerbeer – Ombra Leggiera (“Shadow Song”, Dinorah)
4. Gounod – Je Veux Vivre Dans Ce Reve (“Waltz Song”, Romeo and Juliet)
5. Saint-Saens – Printemps Qui Commence (Samson Et Dalila)
6. Saint-Saens – Mon Coeur S’ouvre À Ta Voix (Samson Et Dalila)
7. Massenet – Pleurez, Pleurez Mes Yeux (Le Cid)
8. Massenet – Adieu, Notre Petite Table (Manon)
9. Spontini – O Nume Tutelar (La Vestale)
10. Bellini – Ah Non Credea Mirarti (La Sonnambula)
11. Donizetti – Il Doce Suono Mi Culpi Di Sua Voce (“Mad Scene”, Lucia Di Lammermoor)
12. Donizetti – Spargi D’amaro Pianto (“Mad Scene”, Lucia Di Lammermoor)
13. Bizet – L’amour Est Un Oiseau Rebelle (“Habanera”, Carmen)
14. Bizet – Pres De Remparts De Seville (“Seguidilla”, Carmen)
The book itself is great, the pictures too, it is very easy to read and with the accompanying CDs can be a great introduction to Callas. A minor drawback is that the author gives the dates of the performances of some songs and not all.
I also noticed some fairly obvious typos in the text but I guess this also proves I got a bad copy.